Friday, July 17, 2009

Catching Up -- Scout's Service Troop Project

Scout had a blast. It was so good for him to do this project. He came back more confident and self-assured. It's so fun to watch him growing into the man he is meant to be.

It was quite the boost for him to spend time with other guys that love what he loves. Guys that are serious about Scouts and about serving others. Guys that take pride in doing so. Guys that love to have fun and be goofy.

I was so impressed watching them all. In fact, that first morning watching them all march off to their stations for the flag raisings I had trouble picking Scout.


We loved our time exploring the island. Scout wants to do the Service Troup again next year, and we want to spend some more time there too. I also had a blast with my new toy--the camera. So here are a couple of my favorite shots. (You knew that was coming.)





From the fort looking down to Main Street. That hill was a killer.




There were tulips everywhere. I must find these to plant this fall in my garden. I love this color!
DH, PinkOne and I toured the fort while Scout was on duty. After being a damp, foggy, cool morning the day turned gorgeous.




Scout on duty at the cannon.







The view from the top of the fort.




Final lowering of the flags for the troop.
It was a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment