Thursday, March 11, 2010

Happy Birthday, PinkOne

We took PinkOne for an ultrasound of her heart last week--she is experiencing shortness of breath when exercising--and we heard her heartbeat on the monitor. It was just like when I was pregnant with her--that awesome sound of your baby's heartbeat. Only now my baby is turning 12.

We still aren't sure what's going on with her breathing. They did a battery of tests and prescribed an inhaler. Most of her test results have been normal and first-glance at her ultrasound pictures seemed fine too. The true test of the inhaler will come this Saturday when PinkOne has Hip-Hop practice. This is her extra competition group and they work really hard. I'm praying that the inhaler does the job, although I'd love for the symptoms to just go away and make the inhaler unnecessary.

But tomorrow we celebrate the blessing of PinkOne with lunch out as a family, cake with Trader Joe's "ice cream" and presents. I'm sure there will be some dancing too. This child can't move without dancing, especially when she's happy.

2 comments:

  1. huh? 12!

    sigh

    they are getting so big....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing, Dana!

    I hope everything turns out ok. Sending good thoughts her way.

    ReplyDelete