Friday, February 11, 2011

Non-Dairy Pudding

Scout seems to be lactose intolerant. Boo Hoo! He loves pudding (probably a hold over from the days of braces) but not when I've made it with soy milk. Soy milk seems to leave pudding thin. There is a good non-dairy pudding mix, but I can only get it from Whole Foods and it calls for tofu. Not as easy as instant pudding from the local grocery store.

Well, I think I've found a winner! I had a bit of coconut milk left over from a soup I made, and decided to substitute the coconut milk for the milk. I only had one cup left, so I made the mousse recipe. (It's right on the side of the box, but here it is anyway.)
1 box of pudding (ours was Pumpkin Spice)*
1 cup light coconut milk
1 cup whipped topping/Cool Whip
I mixed the coconut milk with the pudding mix and then folded in the whipped topping. Creamy, thick and smooth; Yummy! Scout was thrilled. Can't wait to try another flavor.

*This was made with a box of instant pudding that does not have milk or whey in it. Many do, so read every label if it's important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment