Monday, July 4, 2011

Strawberries

The strawberries came late and quickly this year, only lasting about 2 1/2 weeks. When I went looking for them this Saturday, there weren't any at the Farmer's Market. Ugh! DH and I headed north a bit to the orchards and got lucky. I got a flat of big, beautiful strawberries for $20.

Once home, PinkOne and I made several batches of jam and I froze a few containers. I tried something new this year for the frozen berries--sliced and a little bit of sugar. Once the juice started to flow a little bit, I packaged them up in the ZipLock little bowls (1 3/4 cup size) and popped them in the freezer. We'll see how we like them that way.

One flat of strawberries equals:


  • 5 bowls of frozen berries & sugar

  • 1 batch (3 1/2 pints) Strawberry Lemon Marmalade (by PinkOne)

  • 2 batches (8 1/2 pints) Triple Berry

Not bad for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment